Saturday, 23 February 2013
Daemons of Chaos Army Book: More of my plagiarism
Daemons of Chaos Army Book: More of my Internet plagiarism
Can't wait for the book, dusting off my Daemons. Dark Elves for the Shelves...
Watch out Sam!
Rumours and predictions:
Dual 40K/WFB Chaos Daemons army book-codexes
They should be in the March White Dwarf, and hit the street end of February
New Models (cut this list into two equal sized waves - one with the codex, one following up a quarter later)
- All four Greater Daemon plastic kits with named options
- Plastic Furies, dual-option kit with "Flesh Terrors"
- Plastic Khorne Chariot, herald, dual kit with a cannon, pulled by Bloodcrushers
- Plastic Tzeentch Chariot, herald, dual kit with "flame-beast" pulled by screamers, ( 40k: a Skimmer)
- Plastic Nurgle Palanquin, (chariot), carried by Nurglings, (combines with Nurgle GD kit for named character model - Ku'rgath)
- Nurgle Plague-flies jetbikes/monsterous flying cavalry (40K-Elites, WFB-Rares)
- New Khorne Cannon-Daemon-engine, bipedal with atypical porportions, uses ectoplasmic weaponry of CSMs, has numerous options for CC or Ranged loadout. (40K- Heavy, WFB-Special)
- New Daemon flying MC. (40K-Fast Attack-flyer, WFB-Rare)
- Daemon Princes with Wings will move slots in 40K.
- Look for across the board points increases in the codex/army book.
Bloodletters of Khorne are now strength 4, with special rules MR1, Scaly skin 6+, Daemonic and Daemon of Khorne. They have the daemonic gift Hellblade.... 14 points
No reference to killing blow but that doesnt mean they loose it as the sword may grant it.
Pink Horrors stats stay the same, special rules are Daemonic, Daemon of Tzeentch, Blue horrors of Tzeentch, are back...and a unit still counts as a level 1 caster.... 13 points
Yay Blue horrors of Tzeentch again Not clear how it works but yay anyway!
Plaugebearers are strength 4 Toughness 4, have the Daemonic gift plaguesword, and are Daemons of Nurgle, and Daemonic.... 13 points
Daemonettes get 2 attacks, and become Daemons of Slannesh + Daemonic for 11 points
Bloodcrushers are now special, 3+ a unit, the jugger mounts get toughness 4 and 3 wounds like the WOC ones, and are 65 points. With the scaly skin rules Daemons now have a 3+ 5++ save monstrous cav option!
Flamers appear to have the same stats as the WD rules, and are 40 points. Special rules flames of Tzeentch, Daemons of Tzeentch, Warpflame, Daemonic and skirmishers.
There appears to be an option to upgrade a unit of Plaguebearers to have regenerate, and another option that if you score any roll of 6 to hit with a poison attack, an additional strength 4 hit is made. Another option is upgrading poison to 5+
Sources Bell of Souls and Fields of Blood