Saturday 23 February 2013

Daemons of Chaos Army Book 2013 Pre-order and Limited Ed Armybook

Daemons of Chaos Army Release (2013)
 Pre-order and Limited Ed. Army Book

OK, so the Pre-Orders are up on the GW Website:


The Army Book will look like this, retails for $98.00 NZ 

FOUR Limited Edition Fancy cover Army Books, featuring, by the looks of things, Blanchitsu's artwork.
Each with one of the Chaos Lores on the front page, and themed accordingly:

Price: $180 NZ








Blood Throne of Khorne
$64 

Surely this will end up being called the Cannon of Khorne
Think I'll call mine the "Can of Khorne" for short - will probably be getting this model



Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot

$64
May well consider getting this one too




Plague Drones of Nurgle
$110


May get these for my Nurgle Army too.

Other Heralds? Meh! 

$46 each, with the Nurgle one at $30?

More than just a little disappointed in the Khorne, Nurgle and Slaneeshi models. 
I think they lack originality, and are overpriced. 

Will stick with my own conversions or more elaborate bases. 
Or better looking competitor models at a lower price - many out there now..

And...Why, Oh Why would you make the Nurgle Herald 
$16 cheaper than the Khorne and Slaneesh Heralds?



Battle Magic Cards $22


I won't go on to berate the pricing structure of GW.

We all know that NZ is getting the short end of the stick...
I see players in the US and Europe complaining on the forums that they have to pay $20 for a Herald!

My browser must have opened on the US site, and for a minute I was delighted to see the Army Book at $49.50.
But then reality struck home and I realised that for some reason I was not on the NZ website...






2 comments:

  1. Nurgle Herald is plastic, rather than failcast, I believe. Hence the price variance.

    ReplyDelete