Dark Elves, Brettonnia or Dwarfs? Rumours abound:
I would like to believe the DE Rumour (being one of my Fave armies)
4 October 2013
September 27th (pre-orders)
Condensing my net trawlings:
Dark Elves are due in October 2013, it is said be a complete new book and not just a wave
New elite infantry kit, possibly witch elves, executioners or black guards.
(If new witch elves, there will most definitely be a new Cauldron of Blood piece)
As expected Monsters and Flyers:
- New Multi-kit Hydra / Kar Karond Beast (Sea/Land/Flying Monster) - two variations of hydra and Sea Drake/Beast (flyer)
- Box of 10 new plastic Witch Elves
- Box 10 new plastic Executioners / Black Guard alt builds
- New Cauldron of Blood / Altar of Khaine. (Hybrid kit with old witch Elf or aura similar to EoTG called ? Khaines blades? a whirlwind of magic blades emitted by Khain's hatred.
- Blister Fine Cast Priestess/Crone/Hag of Khaine
- Blister Assassin (Shadowblade)
- Blister Dark Fleet Admiral/Corsair Hero - more than Lokhir, who has become useless w make way rule.
- Executioner /Black Guard Hero Blister
- Plastic/resin Morathi ?
- Plastic harpy kit with two options
- dual kit chariot ?
- Dark Magic buffs up characteristics of characters, transformation and wound recovery spells aka 5th
Edition.(Do we see the Black Horror spell back?)
- Sacrificial Dagger; buffs the Cauldron of Blood in units (Skaven bell type.) ( 4 + and one per phase)
- Dark Fleet Admiral Hero buffs shooting skills of unit
- Revamp of Assassins ? Cheaper and causing terror, better rules in keeping with their intent ?
- Ability to use poison as an option across all Khainite Units
- Multiple wounds and killing blow for executioners and Black Guard respectively .
- Malekith more powerful than Teclis. (Doubtful)
- Monster of the deep-Kar Karond (Sea Drake? ) more powerful than current Hydra
- The emphsis of the book lies around Khainite units (Kharond Kar, Hag Graef and Clar Karond
So Monsters+Altar of Khaine+Khainite Units, Corsairs as focus.Dark Elves getting more destructive and poisoned attacks to cope w monstrous cavalry , many players' perception of the character each of the Elven races strengths in battle: DE - Offensive, HE -
Defensive, WE - Guerrilla warfare .
The Elite/ heavy infantry definitely need something to help cope against the trend to Monstrous Cavalry:
Multiple wound attacks ( Execs used to do D3) and Killing Blow for Black Guard ? Thanks, that will do me just fine.
Rumours about 9th Ed?
From Tim the Thief on Faeit 212:
New Rumors for the 9th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Release:
All Softcover Army Books will become obsolete with the new release.
The New Starter Set Boxes will released at the same time as the Hardback Rule Book
The Set will include a Book called “Armies of Warhammer”, this Book will have simplified "beginner" Army lists for ALL available Armies. No full rule book - i.e. force you to buy a book and a starter set.
Armies of Warhammer will give Players a little view of all Armies and they Units, also it will be a transitional solution for the obsolete Army Books
Armies of Warhammer will be a part in the new Hard back Rule book
The Rule book in the Set will be a simplified “Starter or beginner " Rule book
A smaller complete Hardback Rule book will released too, called “Warhammer – The Rules”
The rule set will change again, GW has recognized the last Edition has had a hard impact on sales of Warhammer products. (read people are not buying it, and opting for the starter set instead)
The number of special rules will reduced
There will be no releases of Fantasy Supplements, the books will contain more background.
Page numbers up to 150 pages are possible!